Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Welcoming MMXI

I am really not a fan of resolutions because I've never been good at following up on them.  I do try to use the New Year as an opportunity to reflect on where I am and where I would like to be.  It's an opportunity to evaluate what I have done well the previous year and what I would like to see more of in my daily life.

Here are 5 goals I hope to achieve in 2011:
  • Continue to Help Others by Volunteering
Always been a believer in "too much is given, much is required...", I will continue to help others in whatever capacity I can.  Thinking less of oneself and more of others is so rewarding,
  • Take a Class - Learn something New
They say you're never too young or in my case too old to learn a new skill.  The acoustic guitar has been calling me for years. This year I will finally answer the call.  Hello!
  • Spend more time with extended family
Given the crazy, hectic, stressful days we encounter, I vow to slow down, take a breath and enjoy family and friends more.
  • Eat a more balance diet
This will be the year of an abundance of broccoli, asparagus and bananas.
  • Be Grateful
This is on my list yearly and I think I can always improve on it.

So... the challenge is to take small steps toward the above stated goals in an effort to stay on task.

I will stay accountable by referring back to this post.

What does your MMXI look like?

No comments: